Law on the protection of movable cultural heritage §6.6
6. The movable cultural property included in the Register of Movable Cultural Property may be deleted from the Register of Movable Cultural Property where it is acquired by museums, libraries, and establishments of the state system of archives. An items of movable cultural property shall not be stricken from the State inventories, however it shall not be subject to the protection requirements set forth by this Law where the Commission for the Appraisal of Movable Cultural Property establishes that an item of movable cultural property:
1) has deteriorated or has been destroyed;
2) does not possess or has lost its cultural value.
Law on the protection of movable cultural heritage Chapter 3
Chapter III MOVABLE CULTURAL PROPERTY RECORDS
Article 13. State Records of Movable Cultural Properties
1. The objects listed in Article 3 of this Law, that maintain a lasting cultural value and are preserved by the state, shall be included by the state in records.
2. State records of movable cultural properties comprise an integral part of movable cultural property protection.
3. Movable cultural property records are comprised of: 1) inventory lists of movable cultural properties preserved in the museums and libraries of Lithuania; 2) collective stock of the Archives of Lithuania; 3) Register.
4. The Minister of Culture establishes the procedure for record keeping of movable cultural properties, preserved in museums and libraries;
5. The Archives Department of Lithuania following coordination with the Minister of Culture, establishes the record keeping procedure for movable cultural properties preserved in archives.
Article 14. Inclusion of Movable Cultural Properties in and Deletion from Register
1. The Minister of Culture shall confirm the statutes.
2. Based upon the conclusion reached as a result of appraisal by the commission of movable cultural property experts, and following coordination of this with the State Commission for Cultural Heritage Protection, the Minister of Culture shall include movable cultural properties in the Register and delete them therefrom.
3. In cases of exception, when there exists the danger of destruction of the movable cultural property or some other loss thereof, the Minister of Culture shall have the right to include the movable cultural property in the Register without following the procedure established by this Article.
4. Parts of movable cultural properties may also be included in the Register as individual movable cultural properties.
5. The owner of a movable cultural property, the municipal government, county governor or the Ministry of Culture, may propose inclusion of a movable cultural property into the Register. In the event the movable cultural property fails to be included into the Register, the Ministry of Culture must provide a justifiable response to the individual or institution who submitted the proposal to the ministry.
6. The owner of a movable cultural property included within the Register, shall be issued the rules for protection of the cultural property and a certificate.
7. A movable cultural property which does not belong to the state, may be included in the Register, only contingent upon permission by the owner, with the exception of instances whereby a permit is issued for its temporary export from the Republic of Lithuania or if it is threatened with destruction.
8. Movable cultural properties may be stricken from the Register, if they shall be acquired by state depositories or if it shall be established by the movable cultural property appraisal committee of experts that the movable cultural property: 1) has deteriorated or has been destroyed; 2) does not possess or has lost its lasting value.
9. A movable cultural property shall be stricken from state records, if it shall be exported from the country irretrievably, according to inter state agreements, as indicated in instances provided for in Article 24 of this Law.
10. Register information shall be supplied to institutions ensuring the protection of cultural movable properties.
11. Publication of Register information concerning owners and location of protection site of movable cultural properties, shall be prohibited, without permission by the owner.
Article 15. Cultural Monuments of Lithuania
1. The most significant movable cultural properties included in state records, upon recommendation by the Minister of Culture, based on the conclusions of the movable cultural property assessment commission of experts and with the concurrence of the State Commission for Cultural Heritage Protection, shall be declared cultural monuments of Lithuania by the Government.
2. The decision on declaration of Cultural Monuments of Lithuania may be annulled per decision of the Government, in accordance with the procedure established in part one of this
Lithuania has no official museum accreditation scheme.
December 2017: The City Council of Porto will pay for the maintenance and insurance of the collection of the Catalan artist Juan Miró, after the government chose the city to welcome it permanently, an [...]
September 2016: The fate of the Portuguese government’s collection of 85 Joan Miró paintings, which was on the verge of being auctioned off in 2014, has finally been determined. On Monday, Prime Minis [...]
Share this article with your colleagues or students